News & EventsIJBBA 2021 Fundraiser
Every year for the past six years the SBBA’s very own Tom Hayford has built and donated a branded Item for the benefit of the IJBBA. This year's project is a rustic Wagon Wheel Bench that features the IJBBA Show logo and brands from across the U.S. If you would like help to support the IJBBA please contact Mr. Tom Hayford at (850)-768-1794. His goal is 100 brands, and he needs approximately 40 more, let us show our support for the IJBBA as an IBBA family and help him reach his goal for a good cause. See included application on www.sebrangus.com, or under the files tab on our Facebook page Southeast Brangus Breeders Association.
On behalf of Ms. Norma Sword, the SBBA’s Youth and Scholarship Committee Chair, the SBBA judges are proud to announce 2 winners for the 2020 SBBA JANET GREUEL SCHOLARSHIP, as both applications were excellent. The SBBA is honored to recognize Ms. Kayla Walker of Horton, AL, and Mr. Trevor Haney of Hope Hull, AL as the 2020 JANET GREUEL SCHOLARSHIP winners.
Kayla is a junior at Auburn University majoring in Animal Science Pre-Vet, with plans to attend Veterinary School, and was recognized as the Alabama Cattlewoman’s Cowgirl of the year for 2020. Trevor is currently a freshman at Mississippi State University majoring in Agricultural Education-Leadership and is going to be picking up a double major in Animal Dairy Science, and made the Presidents list his first semester. Both are familiar to many of you in the SBBA and IBBA with their active participation in representing the Brangus breed for many years.
Please take a moment to reach out and congratulate Kayla and Trevor.
New SBBA Youth and Scholarship Committee Chair:
The SBBA is also proud to announce a new SBBA Youth and Scholarship Committee Chair, Mrs. Alexis Heptinstall. After many years of dedication and devotion to the SBBA, Mrs. Norma Sword has announced her resignation as the SBBA Youth and Scholarship Committee Chair, and Alexis has volunteered to fill the position. The scholarship application forms will be updated soon to reflect Alexis’s contact information. Please take a moment and Welcome Alexis! Mrs. Norma the SBBA family thank you so much for your many years of dedication and service. Please feel free to send a card, email or call Ms. Norma at (Norma Sword, 545 Scott Road, Williamson, Ga 30292, firstname.lastname@example.org, 770-227-9241) and thank her for the many years of service to the youth and the SBBA.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS 2021 - 2022
We have a donation heifer! Special thanks to Nic Cornelison of Lake Majestik Farms for donating LM MS SIGNAL 392H7. Pictures of this year’s donation heifer will be available soon. In the meantime, you can take a look at her EPD’s at brangus.goregstr.com/animals/1540972.
This picture is of her sire:
- Southeast Regional Junior Brangus Show Ownership Deadline: July 19, 2021(60) days before the show date.
- SBBA Award of Excellence, or SBBA Achievement Award Nominations: Please contact Mrs. Janet Gruel at email@example.com or in writing to 438 Price Rd., Brooks, GA 30205, nominations are due by July 10, 2021.
- SBBA Female Sale Nominations Due: July 27, 2021 (60) days before the sale.
- NCBA: August 10-12, 2021 Nashville, TN.
- Southeast Regional Junior Brangus Show: September 17-18, 2021 Live Oak, Fl.
- SBBA General Membership Meeting, Fun Auction, Banquet, and Awards Ceremony: Troy, Al September 24, 2021.
- SBBA Board of Directors Meeting: September 25, 2021 in Troy AL, 8:00am.
- SBBA Showcase Female Sale: September 25, 2021 in Troy, AL, the donation heifer is being provided by. Nic Cornelison, Lake Majestik Farms.
- SBBA Bull Sale Nominations Due: October 5, 2021 (60) days before the sale.
- SBBA Bull Sale: December 4, 2021 in Uniontown, AL.
- SBBA Board of Directors Meeting: January 21, 2022 Quail Valley Farms.
- SBBA General Membership Meeting: January 22, 2022 Quail Valley Farms.
If you live in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, or Virginia, and would like to find out more information about the SBBA or how to become a member of the SBBA or for more information about any of the upcoming events please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. You can call or text us at 904-219-8746 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our webpage at sebrangus.com or on Facebook on our Southeast Brangus Breeders Association page for the latest information and updates.
Honoring David Vaughn’s Memory
We have lost a great friend and someone who have made a significant impact on the Brangus breed. To honor David’s impact on the IBBA and SBBA please make a contribution in his memory to the Janet Greuel Scholarship Fund for high school and college students, by making check payable to the SBBA and designating “scholarship fund”.
Mail check to:
6311 NW 218th Ave
Alachua, FL 32615