Scoring Information for Brangus
DispositionDocility or Disposition Scoring "Pen Score" System
Feet & LegFeet and Leg Scoring System | Front and Rear view Leg Set, Side Profile Leg Set
Sheath & NavelSheath and Navel Scoring System
Hair SheddingHair Shedding Scoring System
Udder & TeatsUdder Suspension and Teat Scoring System
Body ConditionBody Condition Scoring
EXPECTED PROGENY DIFFERENCE (EPDS) is an estimate of an animal’s genetic merit for a particular trait. It takes into account the animals own performance compared with its contemporaries and the performance of its relatives compared against their contemporaries.
- Birth Weight (BW) EPD - predicts calf size and calving ease.
- Weaning Weight (WW) EPD - predicts pre-weaning growth potential.
- Yearling Weight (YW) EPD - predicts overall growth potential.
- Milk EPD – predicts the maternal contribution to weaning weight of the calf through milk production, behavior immunity and other maternal environmental factors.
- Total Maternal (TM) EPD – predicts weaning weight of calves from a bull’s daughter.
- Scrotal Circumference (SC) EPD – predicts not only testicular size of male progeny but also daughters onset of puberty.
- Ribeye Area (REA) EPD – predicts total muscle
- Intramuscular Fat (IMF) EPD – predicts % of intramuscular fat which is highly correlated to marbling.
- Rib Fat Thickness (FT) EPD – predicts external fat thickness
To transfer an animal to its new owner after sale:
- Log into IBBA at brangus.goregstr.com/login
- Under Herd Management (left side of screen) select animals (will list all your registered animals)
- Select animal to be transferred by checking the box under X-fer
- Select certificate mailed to either buyer or seller
- Enter the new owner IBBA number (if not known call the IBBA and with the buyer name they will provide an IBBA number)
- Enter amount of animal to be transferred 12 = 100% and 6 = 50%
- Enter effective date of transfer
- Enter breeding information, if bred or calf at side